Elder Luke Roberts

Elder Luke  Roberts

Tuesday, June 6, 2017

The Happiest Week Of My Life

This was the happiest week of my life.

It started off on Monday, I got a text from Elder Cooper saying that President wanted him to call me. I thought what in the world.... Turns out it was for temple sealing from families on Coron... It was beyond description to go to the temple and enjoy all the ordinances with those families. Especially for the Jucaban family who we really labored with. They lived high on a mountain top so it was no easy task to visit their house. The father pulled me aside and told me how he quit his job at the pier (which is crazy because they are very very few safe jobs in Coron) so that he could go to church and receive the Melchizedek Priesthood. He's now started his own business that helps boats with their cargo. The spirit was so strong to be in the sealing room and watch them be sealed and then have their little kids run into the sealing room dressed in white to then be sealed to their parents. 

After loosing our investigator Peter, my Heavenly Father sent a prophecy, assuring me that the Lord would bring forth a new Peter. He truly did. Ian got baptized this week. He had been waking up at 3 in the morning to read the Book of Mormon, so that he would have a "fresh" mind when he reads. Incredible. 

Kiel also got baptized, he was the 7th day Adventist boyfriend of a member. Although he is 23 and serious with his member girlfriend, he proclaimed in his testimony after his baptism that his next goal is a full time mission for the Lord. I love him so much and am so happy for him and his testimony. 

It's been a joyful week. I know that the Lord loves us. He has perfect timing. 

Kiel and Ian's Baptism




Jucaban Family Sealing





It's going to be so hard to say good bye to all the people that I love here.  I will finish strong!

Love,
Elder Roberts 

No comments:

Post a Comment