Elder Luke Roberts

Elder Luke  Roberts

Monday, July 18, 2016

Be grateful for your home!

This week has been great! Really great... We have been teaching the member referral and he is just unreal... As we walked around the church he kept telling me how he never wants to miss another Sunday at church. His friends like to party on Sunday and go to the Malls but he said he likes the spiritual stuff. Ian is great. He is 26 and was living the word of Wisdom before we even taught him it just because he heard we didn't do that haha. So we just invited him to continue to live it. 

Ed is doing great.... Just getting ready for his baptism that is THIS SATURDAY!  We are so happy for him.  He is looking forward to going to the temple one day. He is 63 with no family but he told about how he can do that work for his relatives and he is determined to do that. 

This last week was transfer week so it was crazy busy. But that's always fun to get the new missionaries from the MTC, this time when I went we were loading everyone in and I heard one of the new Sisters say she was from Salt Lake, so I asked where and she said she went to Olympus, and we actually graduated the same year. I was super surprised but it was really funny that she is now in our mission, Sister Singer. 

This week we taught a new investigator Paublo Mallado, he is really into Joseph Smith and just feels the power of the restoration. We taught him in his humble house. I usually don't describe the situation here too often, it's been very humbling for me, but in this man's house we all piled in, Elder Webster, Elder Monson, Pablo and me. His house is up a few stairs in a squatters area and it was as if we taught him under the kitchen table. There wasn't enough room for me to lay down flat and there wasn't enough room for us to kneel without our heads hitting the ceiling. It was hot, and the spirit was very very strong. He had a couple pots, some clothes, and a Bible (and now a Book of Mormon). We are very excited to continue to teach him the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We have a Sister Turner from SLC who is our mission nurse.  She is an incredible woman and I really love her.  Here is a pic of us together, she says I'm her favorite.  But I think she says that to all the elders.  (My Mom went to Skyline with her son).

I love the Philippines so much and have a deep love for the people. I got to speak in church on Sunday about missionary work and I'm very grateful to serve here. I see people full of gratitude and love for the Lord. I have also gotten a greater appreciation for the strength of my family and our home ward. So many faithful people and humble followers of Christ.

I know that the Book of Mormon is true. 
I'm learning more and more about the Savior everyday and doing my best to serve Him. 

Love Elder Roberts    

No comments:

Post a Comment