Elder Luke Roberts

Elder Luke  Roberts

Monday, September 14, 2015

Primary Sharing Time Fun

Yesterday we had most our investigators come to church!! It was awesome! And I was walking down the hall I heard Elder ROBERTS! We need you to be in charge of sharing time today in Primary haha.  It was so much fun! The kids love seeing me up there teaching and singing and we all had a great time! There are lots of kids haha.  They are such great friends and love to sing together!
Bro. Co, a recent convert
This morning we were able to purchase stingray at the market for our lunch tomorrow so I'm excited to try that! Along with rice of course we eat a lot of veggies and eggs and fish mostly. But also pork sometimes too. Also I'm learning some great Filipino dishes. 
Oh yeah and this random lady came to church yesterday. I guess she told my companion that I had taught her. She said oh Elder Roberts taught me. I was sitting down and she said ya Elder Roberts taught me haha. I don't even know who she is but we are definately going to teach her this week! I guess it was somebody I met on an exchange but I can't remember her at all.
"Spider Fights" at a members house.  Yes, that is a large spider.
The Cabanes family is still doing well but every Sunday their Pastor comes to get them for church. But they said they know the Book of Mormon to be the word of God and so apparently they will be coming to church next week! But we will definately wait and see. They said they would obey the word of wisdom but yet,  going to church seems like Mt. Everest haha.  They are very busy and they know our message is true.
One of the boarders that lives there who joined us in a lesson said that he prayed about the Book of Mormon and felt something descend on his back... and peace filled his chest that was warm. He said he has been going to his church for a while and has said prayers before but never before felt an answer like that! He also has a wife and a 1 year old son who turns 2 on November 8. Same day as Spencer!! Exact same age! 
The weather has been very wet but it's nice. Oh yeah and while I was teaching a lesson I broke through the bamboo floor on one side of my chair. We were at an investigators house who lives over the sea in a hut.  And it just snapped and I fell over hahaha.   I'm just glad I didn't break through all the way into the ocean haha.  They are a very sweet family and we are teaching them again tonight. I guess I'm a little bigger than your average Filipino haha.
Again, don't know what this band thing is, but sorry.  This is the foursome before Elder Franciso left.
So at this last transfer, Elder Francisco got transferred (Elder Cooper's companion) and we got a new Filipino Elder who is super cool.  And now my companion is the new District Leader.  He is awesome and we get along great.  The chemistry of the four of us is really good.  We have lots of fun and we laugh and tell stories but we are all very obedient.  We tell stories of things that have happened throughout the day, because everyday there are stories and adventures.  We are preparing people for the temple and they just can't wait!  Life is good here.  Lots of rain on and off.  I know that the Book of Mormon is true.  And testifies of Jesus Christ, who is our Savior, and Brother.
Love, Elder Roberts

No comments:

Post a Comment