Elder Luke Roberts

Elder Luke  Roberts

Monday, December 21, 2015

Typhoon passing through

Hello everyone!  It does NOT feel like Christmas because there is no snow haha. But the members are being
pretty cool and having us over and stuff.  Here is a sample of the yummy meal we had at a members house this week.
Really really tall buildings
 Well, we had a typhoon this week. When that happens I have to keep constant tabs on the sisters in my district. Always seeing where they are, if they are okay. Because there are big floods here!! In our area. Up to our knees, but in some other areas it is up to the their neck in some places. But it's passed now so life is good. 
My companion and I are doing great. I'm really helping him with his English and he is helping me with his Tagalog. His branch is really proud of him!! He is the first missionary from his branch!! How cool is that? 


The few the proud, the Coron Missionaries
Tonight the Bishop is taking us to a buffet christmas eve so that's super nice!!! I'll send pics hehe :) 
 Also, we share the ward with a sister companionship. Oh, and I forgot to tell you. I was 1 of 6 chosen by President Ostler to be interviewed by Elder Bowen ( a member of the quorum of the 70) and an area presidency here. He knew Bishop Monson! I guess he was his young men's leader and bishop up in Idaho.  Anyways, in the interview, Elder Bowen is really close to the Spirit and he just asks random questions according to the spirit for the interview. It was a mission tour. Very cool experience. Once in a lifetime. I loved it. Life is good here!  This week has been busy but good!  We had some new investigators and the typhoons kept us pretty busy with all the flooding which slowed down the work of course.  But the work moves on!  
Dirty job, but somone's got to do it
It's been great to gather people together and share the story of Christ and strengthen their testimony.  Sharing the message of Christ around this season has really strengthened my testimony of him, and his life. I know he lives.  I know He is the Christ and He is the way back home.  I can't wait for our Christmas Skype,
Love Elder Roberts
Here's some pics of our study area


No comments:

Post a Comment