Elder Luke Roberts

Elder Luke  Roberts

Monday, August 22, 2016

Big News! Big News!



Well so I know where I'm going!!! HEHEHEHEHEHEHE. I was so surprised and it was really unexpected but I'm so excited and nervous.

Well I hope I have built up suspense now.... I'm going to be....................................... a new Zone Leader in Palawan!!! I'm being called to serve in Puerto Princesa, Santa Monica District. That means because I will be zone leader I will do exchanges EVERYWHERE in Palawan. I'm really humbled and excited. I didn't think I would be a Zone leader or going back to Palawan but I just can't wait. I leave on Wednesday.  (My first area was in Coron, Palawan.  Puerto Princesa is in the middle.)  Palawan is like Maui on steroids.  Sooooo beautiful and gorgeous water, cliffs, just everything!!!
Here's a pic from my first area on a P-day in Coron, Palawan when we got special permission to go to the famous lake. A member made us all matching T-shirts and I just love the people in Coron, Palawan.

I'm so glad Trevor and Porter are doing well and enjoying school! Tell Trevor to really take Spanish seriously and learn a lot! Because even if he gets called to speak a different language the skill of learning a new language is so important.

As you know very well, we are in the middle of the rainy season here in the Philippines. The rainy season usually lasts from June through October. 80% of the annual rainfall of 200cm (81 inches) in our mission comes during these five months. It rains almost every day, bringing floods to many Manila neighborhoods and lots of mud on Palawan.

The rain can make missionary work difficult. When it is raining, fewer people are on the street with whom you can talk. The flooding makes it difficult to visit people in certain neighborhoods. The mud makes it hard to walk and hard to stay clean. The rain makes it more difficult for people to attend church. No matter how hard we try, we will never stop the rain. But we can adjust our attitude and not complain about things we cannot change.  It really feels good and a nice break from the extreme heat.

We had a great p-day yesterday at the MInd Musuem. Full of rich people and koreans haha. Lots of Surprises.

Me and my comp. Elder Webster

Here's a map of Palawan.  I'll be serving in the middle of the island.  The Manila mission includes the islands of Palawan.  I feel so blessed to be able to go back there again.  So Coron is at the top and I'll be serving in the middle, Puerto Princessa. (*Mom note:  Apparently it was named one of the New7Wonders of Nature. The city is also the jump-off point for exploring the Tubbataha Reef.)

Hopefully I can come back one day and experience these amazingly beautful places.

(*Mom note insert.  This is a pic of the underground river in Puerta Princessa.)
I love you all! I feel so blessed for this opportunity, thank you for your prayers.
Love Elder Roberts



No comments:

Post a Comment