Elder Luke Roberts

Elder Luke  Roberts

Monday, August 8, 2016

Elder Webster my new comp for a brief time

Well life is good. Fast and testimony meeting is always great here. I really love the ward. Elder Webster and I had  quite the week. We have people we have been working with but we just wanted to find lots of new people this week, and we sure have. We are still looking for seekers and those who are ready to receive our message. Ian the member referral is doing great and came to church this week. I'm bummed I wont be here for his baptism but I know it will be a great day. Ed blessed the sacrament yesterday and is still doing great! It will be really nice to transfer, I've loved everything I've learned and all the experience and the ward and everything. But with all that said, it always feels really good to get a change of scenery. I still have no idea where I'm going but President told me he would want to tell me in person so that's exciting! I will most likely find out next week! Yeah so in my apartment it's me and my new companion Elder Webster, plus one other companionship, Elder Tanner and Elder Tiu. Elder Tanner is from Ogden and his companion is from the central Philippines. I'm really close with both of them it's been super fun to get to know them! They are working in my old area before I got put into the office so it's really fun to talk to them about how the area is doing and to see who they are teaching and stuff like that. They are both way good Elders.

I train my replacement for the office today! Elder McCauley from Texas. He will do a great job. He is also pretty young in the mission still and I'm sure he will do great!  Then I'm out in a few weeks! That will be crazy. It's raining quite hard for a few days straight. Which makes it a lot easier to sleep! It brings in a cool breeze that's really makes it a lot more comfortable for everyone. The flooding hasn't been too bad yet but if it keeps raining it might. 

We have really been working with this random part member family we found. The wife is actually from Palawan which is really rare. When we invited the family to go to church the youngest daughter looked up at her dad and said pleeeeeease?? She is only 10 but really enjoyed the spirit after the message of the first vision and restoration. They were not able to make it to church... The dad has work. He wants to come back, he wants his family to become members, he wants to be sealed in the temple, but isn't seeing the rush. They are really cool we've just got to help rearrange his work.
This is one of my friends from the mission and his sister.  So the hug is ok.


Love you all, don't delay any blessings Heavenly Father wants to give you! Have a great week everyone! 
Love Elder Roberts

No comments:

Post a Comment