Elder Luke Roberts

Elder Luke  Roberts

Monday, October 10, 2016

All the Conference talks point to the Savior

What a great general conference! The spirit was so strong and I felt I was just in the same room as the Savior. 
All the talks truly pointed to the Savior and coming closer to Him.

I had the blessing of conducting a baptismal interview yesterday. A younger woman who was so humble and
truly had a broken heart and contrite spirit. She was so emotional and it was hard for me to not be as she
talked about looking forward so much to a "new life" with baptism. It was definetly a spiritual highlight for me to
see someone so excited to enter the waters of baptism. 

At the airport waiting for my companion to arrive a man approached me and we talked, we discussed our
living Prophet and I invited to come watch him speak, well he came and told us he thought it was.... Long,
that's what he said for us after he watched conference. I thought it was going to be something crazy amazing coming out of that but he just thought conference was long haha. Everyone is at different stages and Heavenly Father is aware of them all. 

We were able to get into the house of a part member family this week. The mom is a member but is  less
active because if she goes to church the dad get abusive. But we were able to get in and teach the dad
(who had an evil feeling to him) and had a very spiritual lesson about the restoration... HIs countenance
softened even if it just a little. We got a return appointment for next saturday. 

I love serving here and the members here are so strong in their faith. The Lord is progressing His work.

Elder Roberts
This guy is louder than he looks
Cute Little Turtle

No comments:

Post a Comment